Welcome! Welcome!!
























It's almost meteorlogical spring.


Spring!! What a fabulous word!

I was out snooping around the yard the other morning before work "cuddling the flowers", as my husband says. I think he means coddling, but I digress. Seeing the plants peeking out of the earth I thought to myself about the start of growing season. I was going to name this blog Growing Season but it seems that title might already be taken. So it dawned on me, Growing Susan sounds very similar. And my given name is Susan and this all sounds just too clever and witty and how could I not call this Growin' Susan?? OK. So I guess you had to be there. Sometimes when my genius strikes it doesn't translate so well :) but that's OK. I'm on board with it! So, let the ride begin and I will endeavor to chronicle my growing season and in the process grow a bit myself. Grow, Susie, grow!! Hmmm maybe, "You Grow Girl!" ? Nah.















Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miscellany

I was out on the deck after dinner this evening.  As I worked on cleaning out a flowerpot I was enjoying the breeze,  the sound of the creek and the squwak of Blue Jays in the distance.  "It dsoesn't get any better." I thought to myself. Then I heard it, 'tippy tippy toe' in the leaves down below.  Probably a neighborhood cat. I peeked over the edge of the deck. [ insert pic of Possum, which I am unable to do right now ] I live in the Wild Kingdom!!

I have a bud on my Stargazer Lily [ insert that pic, too ].

And some nice blooms in the yard [ you get the idea ]

Potted up some Freesia this evening.

Spent Sunday afternoon iving the side flowerbeds a good spring cleaning and mowing.  I love my mower.  It's a beast.  It takes on all comers and never backs down   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment