Welcome! Welcome!!
























It's almost meteorlogical spring.


Spring!! What a fabulous word!

I was out snooping around the yard the other morning before work "cuddling the flowers", as my husband says. I think he means coddling, but I digress. Seeing the plants peeking out of the earth I thought to myself about the start of growing season. I was going to name this blog Growing Season but it seems that title might already be taken. So it dawned on me, Growing Susan sounds very similar. And my given name is Susan and this all sounds just too clever and witty and how could I not call this Growin' Susan?? OK. So I guess you had to be there. Sometimes when my genius strikes it doesn't translate so well :) but that's OK. I'm on board with it! So, let the ride begin and I will endeavor to chronicle my growing season and in the process grow a bit myself. Grow, Susie, grow!! Hmmm maybe, "You Grow Girl!" ? Nah.















Friday, April 1, 2011

Bleeding Hearts. The good kind!

I have four Bleeding Heart plants!  Count 'em!  1...2...3...4!    I planted the mama plant several seasons ago.  This spring she has three little shrubs coming up around her!   I love Bleeding Heart.   Grandma used to grow it.  It is so unique and graceful.  Once it is done blooming it dies back to the gound and you cannot even see where it grows once it dies backs.  Come springtime it sprouts up, seemingly overnight, and rewards me with its' beautiful hot pink heart shaped blooms.

Oh yay!   I can post pics again!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment