Welcome! Welcome!!
























It's almost meteorlogical spring.


Spring!! What a fabulous word!

I was out snooping around the yard the other morning before work "cuddling the flowers", as my husband says. I think he means coddling, but I digress. Seeing the plants peeking out of the earth I thought to myself about the start of growing season. I was going to name this blog Growing Season but it seems that title might already be taken. So it dawned on me, Growing Susan sounds very similar. And my given name is Susan and this all sounds just too clever and witty and how could I not call this Growin' Susan?? OK. So I guess you had to be there. Sometimes when my genius strikes it doesn't translate so well :) but that's OK. I'm on board with it! So, let the ride begin and I will endeavor to chronicle my growing season and in the process grow a bit myself. Grow, Susie, grow!! Hmmm maybe, "You Grow Girl!" ? Nah.















Thursday, March 3, 2011

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear

♫♪♫ I bet you wonder how I knew ♪♫♪♫   I love me some Motown.

OK, so I had an eye exam today.  I know my vision is changing but even I can see that the label on my Amaryllis is all wrong.  Somehow the tags got switched and I have no idea what variety I'm growing.  It's lovely but ,  due to the  lack of a proper nametag,  I am calling it Orangina.

I'm suuposed to have an Apple Blossom Amaryllis.  Apple Blossom is a white bloom tinged with pink. Just like an Apple Blossom.   Makes sense.   My Amaryllis is a beautiful salmon/orange color.  I'm lovin' it but I don't know what it is.  I will enjoy it anyway.  A rose by any other name, or without a nametag, would still smell as sweet. And an Amaryllis would be just as purty.

It was downright cold today.  Not bad in the direct sun but a smidge breezy and just a li'l too bitter for yardwork.  Maybe tomorrow.

Orangina

No comments:

Post a Comment